Excerpts from the 1850 Census of Lawrence County, OH:
Columns in the 1850 Census records shown below (not all catagories of the 1850 census are reproduced):
0. Link to 1840 census
1. Dwelling-houses numbered in the order of visitation
2. Families numbered in the order of visitation
3. The name of every Person whose usual place of abode on the first day of June 1850 was in this family
6. Profession, Occupation, or Trade of Each Male Person over 15 years of Age
7. Value of Real Estate Owned
8. Place of Birth. Naming the State, Territory, or Country
9. Married within the year
10. Attended school within the year
11. People over 20 yrs of age who cannot read or write
12. Link to 1860 census
Navigation tip: Use the << hyperlink on the left side of a row to jump to that person's entry in the 1840 census. Use the >> hyperlink on the right side of a row to jump to that person's entry in the 1860 census.
1. I am tentatively linking this James McFann to the James McFann found in the 1840 census of Scioto Co, OH. We have a marriage record for James McFann and Jane Scott, married 1839 in Scioto County. Since they were married in 1839, 5 is probably the correct age for the John McFann in their household. I am also tentatively linking this James McFann with the James McFann found in the 1860 census of Lawrence County, married to Rachel, because there is no other James McFann in the right age bracket in 1860 in either Lawrence County or Scioto County.
Census records transcribed from the microfilm by Brian McFann.