Notes and Credits section below
for discussion of the evidence and citation of sources.
Full Name: Walter Eaton McFann
Father: William D. McFann
Mother: Elizabeth J. Eaton
Abigail May Schlobohm
Children of Walter E. McFann and Abigail M. Schlobohm:
William D. McFann
Estella Jane McFann
Sadie Belle McFann
Leo Leslie McFann
Charles Chester McFann
Walter Howard McFann
Notes and Credits section below.
1870: in the household of his father, William D. McFann, in Center Township, Wetzel Co, WV (page 135, household 131).
Walter E. McFann obituary, Emporia Daily Gazette, Emporia KS, March 14, 1944.
"Walter Eaton McFann" in Through the Years with Reading, Kansas 1857-1976, Presented by the Citizens of the Reading Community and the Reading Bicentennial Committee, Gladys Whittington and Gayle Graham (Co-Chairman). Sandra Kerschner Green has a copy of the book and provided me with a copy of the article on Walter McFann. According to Sandra, the information in the article was supplied by Walter McFann's son, Howard.
Leo McFann, photograph, original in the possession of Sandra Kerschner Green, scanned by Sandra Kerschner Green.
1. Most of the information in the above Data Summary was provided by Sandra Kerschner Green from family sources, including especially her great-uncle Howard. The maiden name of the younger William McFann's wife was supplied by Truman Lee McFann.
2. Walter's date of birth is corroborated by the 1898 Circular in his father's pension file.
3. Sources for the information on Walter's parents are given on William D. McFann's Family Page.
4. In the 1910 census, Walter's wife Abigail is reported to be the mother of seven children, five of them still living; so if the census information is correct, one child is missing from the above list.
5. Descendants of Walter McFann include: Sandra Kerschner Green, daughter of Leo L. McFann's daughter Rachel McFann; and Leo L. McFann's son Truman Lee McFann and his daughters Marsha Holecek and Susan Brown.
Author: Brian McFann
Revised: August 2000