Excerpts from the 1880 Census for Wetzel Co WV:
Columns in the 1880 Census records shown below (not all census categories are reproduced):
0. Links to the 1870 census
1. The name of every Person whose usual place of abode on the first day of June, 1880, was in this family
4. Relationship to head of family
5. Marital status: "s" for single, "m" for married, and "w" for widowed or divorced
6. Profession, Occupation, or Trade of each person, male and female, over 15 years of Age
7. Vaue of Real Estate
8. Value of Personal Estate
9. Place of Birth. Naming the State, Territory, or Country
10. Father's place of birth
11. Mother's place of birth
12. Attended school
13. Links to 1900 census
Navigation tip: Use the << hyperlink on the left side of a row to jump to that person's entry in the 1870 census; Use the >> hyperlink on the right side of a row to jump to that person's entry in the 1900 census
1. According to Joan Egan, Jonathan McFann had a son named Levi Monroe McFann, born March 22, 1860. Based on this information and a comparison with Jonathan McFann's household in the 1870 census, I am assuming that Monroe is Levi M. McFann.
2. William L. McFann, age 14, is missing from the household of John McFann. And by comparison with the 1870 census, [Alma] Leona is four years older than she should be. Walter E. McFann, age 15, is missing from the household of William McFann.
3. A [?] in the above indicates that I had difficulty reading the census record and am not sure about my transcription.
4. No dwelling number or household number appeared on William McFann's line. Either the enumerator inadvertently skipped the numbering of this household, or this household was part of the household of Frank Jackson that was listed immediately above it. William McFann was identified as the head of household, which indicates that his household should have been numbered.
5. Location of Census Records: The Enumeration District and sheet number are found at the top of each census page. The page number given above is the number stamped on the upper right-hand corner of each census page.