Notes and Credits section below
for discussion of the evidence and citation of sources.
Full Name: Harry Hancock McFann
Father: Levi R. McFann
Mother: Marry Morris
Mary Olive Rankin
Letha A. Frank
Children of Harry H. McFann and Mary O. Rankin:
Mary Alice McFann
Kenneth H. McFann
Children of Harry H. McFann and Letha A. Frank:
Harry Miles McFann
John Rheinhart McFann
Notes and Credits section below.
1880: in the household of his father, Levi R. McFann, Borough of Fairview, Fairview township, Butler Co, PA (Enumeration District 40, sheet 5, household 46 [pg 197]).
1900: in the household of Levi R. McFann, Middlesex township, Butler Co, PA (Enumeration District 82, sheet 11, family 259[page 172])
1910: on Lincoln Ave in Sapulpa City, Sapulpa Township, Creek Co, OK (Enumeration District 52, sheet 12 A, family 263)
1920: on South Cheyenne, in Ward 18 of Tulsa OK (Enumeration District 245, sheet 5 A)
1920: on West Lincoln in Precinct 5, Ward 3, of Sapulpa City, Sapulpa Township, Creek Co, OK (Enumeration District 43, sheet 2 B, family 50)
Birth record, Mary Olive Rankin, Orphans Court, Armstrong Co, PA, Birth Book Vol 16, page 25. This record was the result of a "Petition for Delayed Record of Birth" filed by Mary Olive Rankin McFann in 1946. The record states that her father's name was Harvey Matthew Rankin and her mother's maiden name was Margaret Anna Fisher. David Christy sent me a photocopy of the record.
Birth record, Mary A. McFann, Orphans Court, Armstrong Co, PA, Birth Book Vol 2, page 99. David Christy sent me a photocopy of the record.
Marriage Certificate, Wilfred Ward and Mary Alice McFann, Cleveland County, OK (8 January, 1923). David Christy sent me a photocopy of the record.
Certificate of Death, Mary Alice [McFann] Ward, Department of Health, State of Oaklahoma, state file no 23537. David Christy sent me a photocopy of the record.
Notification of Birth Registration, Wilfred Ford Ward, Department of Commerce, Bureau of the Census, Washington D.C. This record certified that a record of birth for Wilfred Ford Ward was registered and preserved in the office of the State Registrar of Vital Statistics at Oklahoma City, OK. The record states his date of birth as 2 October 1902, his place of birth as Lexington, OK. His father's name was William Ford and his mother's maiden name was Louise M. Ford.
Certificate of Death, Wilfred Ford Ward, Department of Health, State of Oaklahoma, state file no 009875. Date of death was 8 June 1962. The record states that his date of birth was 2 October 1902, his father's name was William Ward, and his mother's maiden name was Louise Ford. The informant was Mrs Mary Ward. David Christy sent me a photocopy of the record.
Contemporary Published Sources:
Biographical sketch of Harry H. McFann in Hill, Luther B. History of the State of Oklahoma, Vol. ll (1909) Page 215. I have not seen the original text.
Stevirmac Oil and Gas Co v. Dittman, 245 U.S. 210 (1917). This case was decided by the Supreme Court in 1917. In the summary of the case provided in opinion of the Court, the president of Stevirmac Oil and Gas Company is identified as H. H. McFann. See the opinion of the Court on the FindLaw web site.
Military Pension Records:
Harry H. McFann's pension file, Department of Veterans Affairs, claim no 2279016.
Levi R. McFann and family, ca 1895, scanned image of the photograph appearing in Lee, Caroljo Forsythe, Merrie Olde Middlesex (Valencia PA: Lee, 1976), page 165, scanned and sent to me by a someone at the Beaver County Genealogical Society. I do not know the location of the original.
1. The information presented above is based on the census records except as noted below.
2. The names and dates of birth of Harry H. McFann's children were given on his 1928 Declaration for Pension. Harry H. McFann's middle name (Hancock) is given on several documents in his pension file.
3. Harry McFann's name is on a roster of the 15th Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry. His service is also noted in the biographical sketch cited above.
4. Harry H. McFann's date of birth is given on the 1915 Questionaire in his father's pension file.
5. Date of death, place of death, and place of burial are from Harry H. McFann's obituary, transcribed by David Christy. The birth date of Mary Olive Rankin is from her birth record as reported to me by David Christy.
6. Information on H. Miles McFann came from his grandson, Miles McFann. H. Miles McFann had one son, Miles T. McFann, who served as a medic in Viet Nam and was awarded the Silver Star for Valor.
7. Descendants of Harry H. McFann include David Christy and Miles McFann.
Revised: 16 September 2000